pdf Passport Fees (97 KB)

Who needs a passport?
All U.S. citizens, including infants, departing from and entering the United States from outside the United States.  Information regarding the passport and visa requirements of foreign countries, and their respective fees, may be found at

Where may I apply for a U.S. Passport?

  • Passports are available, without an appointment, at both the Crestview Courthouse and the Ft. Walton Beach Annex Extension during our regular business hours - Monday - Friday 8:30 - 4:30.  For your convenience, we now offer passport photos at both locations for a minimal fee of $15.00.
  • Additional Acceptance Facility locations and hours of operation: Click Here to search by zip  

Requirements to apply for a U.S. Passport:

First time applicants, or those who have been issued a U.S. Passport more than 15 years ago, must submit a DS-11 Application for a U.S. Passport . This form is also available in your local acceptance facility’s office.

  • 1 recent Passport photo – see requirements information below
  • Proof of Identity
  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship
  • Separate payments to the Acceptance Facility and the U.S. Dept. of State are required
  • Submit a photocopy of the Identification document presented. The photocopy must be of the ID document that you will present when you apply, and must be on plain white, 8 1/2 x 11" standard paper stock, showing the front and the back of your ID on the same side. You may enlarge the image of your ID on the 8 1/2 x 11" page, but you may not decrease the size of the image. The likeness of the person in the photograph must be clear. If an acceptable photocopy is not provided, our office will make the photocopy for you for standard copy charge(s). 

Acceptable Proof of Identity:

  • Valid state issued photo driver license (Not temporary nor learners permit)
  • Official Military ID card
  • Current government photo ID (city, state or federal)
  • Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport (book or card)
  • Parent’s ID, as listed above, is sufficient to identify a minor child
NOTE: If you apply at an Acceptance Agency and submit out-of-state primary identification, you must present an additional ID document, as well. For example, if you apply in Florida with a Georgia Driver License, you must present additional ID.

For the most current information on Acceptable Proof of Identity, please visit 

Acceptable Proof of Citizenship:

  • Certified birth certificate issued by the Vital Statistics office from the state in which you were born
  • Original Naturalization Certificate
  • Original Certificate of Citizenship
  • Previous undamaged U.S. Passport (book or card)

The birth certificate must be certified by the state in which the birth took place. A raised, embossed or multi-colored seal must be affixed to the birth certificate and must contain the mother’s and father’s name, the registrar’s signature, and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar's office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Birth certificates issued from a hospital are not acceptable. For the most current information on Acceptable Proof of Citizenship, please visit

Minors applying for a U.S. Passport:

Children under age 16 require both parents to be present along with the child(ren) and provide Acceptable Proof of Identity and Evidence of Relationship. If the parent’s name has changed from what appears on the birth certificate, a certified copy of the document effectuating the name change must accompany the application. i.e., certified copy of Final Judgment of Divorce restoring the mother’s maiden name, or a certified copy of a marriage license are examples of proper documentation.   Click here to link to the U.S. Department of State's Explanation and Requirements.  If one parent is unable to appear in person with the child, a signed, notarized form DS-3053 – Statement of Consent or Special Circumstances must be presented with the minor child’s DS-11 Application for U.S. Passport. This form must be less than 3 months old.

Social Security Number
A social security number is required for all passport applications regardless of the age of the applicant.

One passport photo  (Dept of State recommendations)
      Your photograph must be:

  • 2x2 inches in size
  • Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
  • In Color
  • Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
  • Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
  • Taken in normal street attire
  • Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily.
  • Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline.
  • You cannot wear glasses. If you cannot remove your glasses for medical reasons, please include a signed note from your doctor with application.
  • Shirts are to be any color other than white.

Can I get a U.S. Passport if a birth record is not available?
Yes. This requires additional documentation.   You should call the U.S. Dept of State’s Passport Office at (877) 487-2778, or visit for more information. 

Do I have to apply in person?
All applicants, including children, must present themselves in person and apply using a  DS-11 Application for U.S. Passport:

  • when applying for a U.S. Passport for the first time
  • if you are unable to surrender your previously issued U.S. Passport with your application
  • if your previous U.S. Passport was issued more than 15 years ago
  • if you were 15 years of age or younger when your last U.S. Passport was issued
  • if your name has changed since your last U.S. Passport was issued, and you are not able to provide certified legal documentation 

What forms of payment are accepted?
Two (2) separate payments are required:

U.S. Dept of State fees:

  • The U.S. Dept. of State fee must be in the form of a check or money order only – made payable to U.S. Dept. of State. 
  • Each member of your party must have a separate payment for the U.S. Dept of State’s fee to be attached to each application.

Clerk of Courts Acceptance Facility fees:

  • The Clerk of Courts Acceptance Facility fee may be paid in cash or money order – made payable to Clerk of Courts – or by Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express credit cards. A surcharge applies to all credit card transactions.
  • Family members applying together on the same transaction may pay the Clerk of Courts Acceptance Facility fee together in one payment.
  • Expedited processing is available for $25.50 which includes overnight mail delivery to the Department of State.
  • Passport photos are available at the Clerk's Office for $15.00.

How long is a passport valid?

  • Adults (16 years of age and older) - Ten (10) years
  • Children (15 years and younger) - Five (5) years

When should I apply for a passport?
You should apply for a passport several months before you plan to travel.  In most cases, you will need a visa from the embassy of the country to which you plan to travel. Additional vaccinations and other health precautionary requirements may also be necessary prior to entering a foreign country. Please consult your travel agent for more information.  View country specific travel information provided by the U.S. Dept. of State.

Will I need a visa to enter a foreign country?
You may need a visa to gain entrance to most countries.  View a list of foreign embassy web pages. In many cases, there is an application fee for a visa, and requests for a visa may take several months to process, so plan accordingly. Please consult your travel agent for more information.

I need my passport in a hurry! What are my options?
Depending on your needs, you may elect to pay the additional fee to expedite your application. There are a variety of delivery options available, as well. Please review the PASSPORT FEE SCHEDULE for more information. If you need a passport immediately, you should call the U.S. Dept. of State and make an appointment with a Regional Passport Agency. The closest Regional Passport Agency is in New Orleans, Louisiana, and the next closest is in Miami. You should only make an appointment with a Regional Passport Agency if you plan to travel in less than 2 weeks, or your passport is needed within 4 weeks in order to obtain a foreign visa. For more information about scheduling an appointment with a Regional Passport Agency, please call (877) 487-2778.

What is a Passport Card?
The new wallet-size U.S. Passport Card is a travel document that can be used to enter the United States by land travel only from Canada or Mexico, and certain sea ports-of-entry such as the Caribbean, and Bermuda. Note that it cannot be used for international air travel. What's the difference between the Book and the Card? The passport card is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. 

When will I receive my passport?
See the estimated processing times from the U.S Dept of State.

How do I report a missing, lost or stolen U.S. Passport?
Complete form DS-64 and mail it to the U.S. Dept. of State to the address shown on the form as soon as possible. You may also report a lost or stolen U.S. Passport by phone: (202) 955-0430.  

Can a U.S. Passport be renewed by mail?
You are eligible to renew your U.S. Passport by mail using a form DS-82 if your most recent U.S. Passport was:

  • issued when you were at least 16 years old, and
  • issued within the last 15 years, and
  • you can submit your previously issued, undamaged passport with your application, and
  • you use the same name as on your most recent passport, OR you can legally document your name change 

If you are not able to meet the above criteria, you must renew by using a form DS-11. Please see the section entitled Do I have to apply in person? above.

My name changed less than 1 year after I applied for my U.S. Passport. What do I do?
You may apply for a name change or data correction, usually at no charge unless expedited service is requested, within the 1st year of issuance of your passport. Please review form DS-5504 for more information.

How do I check the status of my Passport Application?
For questions after your passport has been processed by an Acceptance Agency, or to check the status, call National Passport Information Center at (877) 487-2778 or visit

Contact Information


Clerk of the Circuit Court
Customer Service Department
Okaloosa County Courthouse
101 East James Lee Blvd.  
Crestview, FL 32536
(850) 689-5000 ext. 4450

Ft. Walton Beach

Clerk of the Circuit Court
Customer Service Department
Okaloosa County Courthouse Annex Extension
1940 Lewis Turner Blvd, Suite 1-300
Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
(850) 651-7200 ext. 4450